Let's Talk about Smart Goals!
Do you ever feel like you're working hard but not getting anywhere?
I recently finished a seminar and what I really love about continuing education is that these classes remind me of great little things.... IMPORTANT THINGS!.. Like what?...Let's talk about SMART GOALS!!!..
What Does SMART Mean? S pecific M easurable A ttainable R elevant T imely
Now, let's focus on Specifics. Answer this question for me:
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXAMPLE OF A SPECIFIC GOAL? a. I want to lose weight. b. I want to look good in a bikini. c. I want to be more toned. d. I will workout with Karina (personal trainer) 3 days per week for 30 minutes and lose 15 pounds by the first of November.
What was your answer? Was it "D"? Specific goals offer more clarity and are much more likely to be accomplished than general goals because specificity gives substance and accuracy to your vision.In setting specific goals, you have to be able to answer the W questions:
* Who is involved? Are you training alone or with a partner?* What is your objective, that is, what do you want to attain? Losing weight or decreasing clothing sizes are aesthetic-oriented goals; running faster or lifting heavier loads are performance-oriented goals. What do you need to give up in order to prioritize the accomplishment of your goal?* Where will the goal be realized? Will you train at home or in a gym?
* When will you accomplish your goal? Don't leave things to chance- have a target date in mind for accomplishing the current goal.
* Why are you doing this? What are the reasons or benefits of reaching your goal? The underlying motivation may be internal or external, but having a clear purpose for setting the goal is crucial.
Just keep in mind that you have a strike a balance in setting a goal that is challenging but still realistic. If you set a goal that is too difficult to achieve, you will fail, and failing may be even more demotivating than setting a goal that is too easy. Humans beings have an innate need for success achievement and are motivated by goals that are challenging but realistic. Make sure your challenging goals are realistic and attainable for you.
Dominate the day and let’s start September STRONG!!
Karina Cross - Master Trainer ACSM ALPOFI ASFA IHP TRX Owner Karina Cross Fitness Studio
NOW is a great time to “GET YOUR MIND RIGHT” & get some energy & vitality.
Here are 4 ways to nurture your body, mind, and soul......
1. Mix-up your workouts. Don’t accept being “tired” or not “wanting” to workout as an excuse to not getting in your training. How about going out for hike in nature, or a swim in the lake, ocean, or pool? Movement is medicine and motion is lotion. Get it in!! #NoExcuses
2. Hire a Coach. If you are needing a resuscitation of body, mind, or spirit, the best way to resurrect your passion, purpose and energy is to hire a coach. That could be a trainer. A nutritionist. Or a life-coach. Even if it’s just for a month. Or two. Or three.
3. Hang with inspiring people. Who you hang with, what you learn, and who you learn from all greatly impacts your overall development as a person.
Read more. Meet more inspiring people. This will help you ultimately do more BIG THINGS.
4. Write-down 2 INSPIRING GOALS both personally and professionally…and START TAKING ACTION ON THEM NOW. There is nothing that will beat apathy, mediocrity, and average like taking ACTION on goals that move your soul. Write your goals down on paper, create specific action steps for them, and then get working on them!
I believe that if you follow the 4-steps outlined above, your energy will be flowing and your mindset will be abundant.
Each year, Labor Day gives us an opportunity to recognize the invaluable contributions that working men and women make to our nation, our economy and our collective prosperity. It gives us a chance to show gratitude for workers' grit, dedication, ingenuity and strength, which define our nation's character.
Love this quote: "I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it." ~Estée Lauder HAPPY LABOR DAY MY FRIENDS!
Foodie Friday This September 6th with Christin!
It's Foodie Friday again here at Karina Cross Fitness! We are having Cauliflower Pizza. Yum!!
It seems that cauliflower has made its way into every recipe possible.... well, not every recipe, but plenty! Cauliflower is packed with vitamins and antioxidants as well as fiber. It's also a great alternative for high carb grains including pasta and rice. Although carbs aren't the enemy, studies have shown that a low-carb, high protein diet goes a long way to help with weight loss and weight control. Today we are featuring an alternative to traditional high carb pizza crust by giving you a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust. A pizza with well chosen toppings on a cauliflower pizza crust will satisfy you and will also give you peace of mind that you aren't undoing everything you accomplished in the gym. Check out the recipe on our Facebook page at noon on Friday, September 6th!