It's Karina's Birthday Month - she has gifts for you!
It's my birthday month and I have a gift for you! Here, My training tips!
Karina's Training Tips!
With almost 30 years of experience in this field, I can tell you...there is no magic pill or quick fix to getting your perfect body. Hard work through diet and exercise are what will yield the best results. Let's cover some tips to live by.
1. Spot Reduction is Not Possible!
In order to lose fat off any part of your body, you need to include a combination of cardiovascular exercise and full body strength training. If your main concern is to drop fat around your center, consider including more full body combination exercises with lots of different planes of movement. For example, Wood Chops –not only are you hitting your legs through squatting, but you’re hitting your shoulders and abdominals. Everybody knows I LOVE Wood Chops! :)
2. Clean Eating is Priority!
80% of your weight loss success comes from what you put into your mouth. While most of this stuff is pretty obvious, it always helps to reiterate the basics. Here are some quick changes you can make to help get started on the right track.
- Increase your water intake to 8-10 glasses per day. Water is a detoxifier and will help rid your body of toxins which in turn will help reduce bloat around your belly. Plus, as you likely know, most of your snack cravings are a result of being slightly dehydrated. So... before you mindlessly go for the cookie jar, drink some AGUA!
- Get rid of processed foods. When you shop in the grocery store try to avoid the aisles which contain all processed foods - not to mention overpriced.
- Make sure to include a variety of fibrous carbs (mainly green leafy vegetables and low glycemic fruits such as berries), and loads of fresh lean protein sources.
Try to get a few cardio sessions in per week where you are getting your heart rate up to the point where you are breathing heavy, but can still maintain a conversation.
4. HIIT It!
High Intensity Interval Training has been proven to be the most effective way to drop fat while maintaining muscle. Bonus – it only takes a maximum of 20 minutes to do!! The key to success with HIIT training is working hard. At the end of your 20 minutes you should feel like you can not do anymore. HIIT training helps reduce belly fat and increase energy and performance!
I hope these tips motivate you to take your training up a notch. As always mis amigos, train hard, eat right, & live inspired! 💪
Karina Cross- Master Trainer ACSM ALPOFI ASFA IHP TRX
Owner, Forever Fit Studio
JULY IS HERE!!!!..... It's My Birthday Month!
I'm just thinking....How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? Forget about your ID.... Seriously, how old would you be if you didn't know how all you are?
Maybe 10 years younger than you are? Or older than you are? I am not sure about you but I can tell you right now I'm 29 years old...... And you? Tell me how old you are! You can email me back or comment in my blog. https://www.foreverfitstudio.com/blog
Foodie Friday this July 5th with Christin!! It's Foodie Friday again at Forever Fit! This month we are featuring 3 side salads to accompany your favorite summer meal: MAMA MIA!!!... So delicious and healthy! For the recipes, visit my Facebook Page this Friday. https://www.facebook.com/Krossbeinshape/
Fresh Corn Salsa
Watermelon, Cucumber, & Tomatoe Salad